Termination/Modification of Probation


A friend of mine suffers from mental health and substance abuse issues. While she was in Orange County, California she picked up 5 (five) misdemeanor cases. They included Possession of a Controlled/Designated Substance, Health and Safety Code Section 11375(b)(2), Possession of a Controlled Substance, Paraphernalia, Health and Safety Code Section 11364(a) and Public Intoxications, Penal Code Section 647(f).
She also pled guilty to a Misdemeanor Battery charge, Penal Code Section 242 and was put on probation and required to complete community service and pay fines and fees.
When it became clear that she was having a difficult time in California we had her come home to the support of friends and family. Unfortunately, she picked up an additional violent charge in her home state that resulted from her mental health and substance abuse issues. She was in considerable need of a very structured court sponsored treatment in her home state, but her problems in California made her ineligible for consideration for the special treatment court.
Specifically, she had 3 cases that had gone to WARRANT status because she had failed to appear and because she had failed to comply with terms of probation.
I researched to try and find the right attorney for her from my home in the Northeastern part of the country. I found Mr. Will Bruzzo was a local Orange County, California lawyer with extensive experience and very good case results.
I hired Mr. Bruzzo initially to deal with two of the warrants. He appeared quickly and got the warrants recalled and also got the District Attorney to DISMISS both cases because of her predicament back east and because she had voluntarily attended treatment for substance abuse and psychiatric issues.
Mr. Bruzzo then discovered the third warrant which came from the case for which she was placed on three years of probation. She had only completed a few months of probation before she violated with new cases and for failing to comply with the terms of probation.
Mr. Bruzzo worked with the attorney helping my friend locally, who told Mr. Bruzzo that probation needed to be terminated on the Battery case or she would not be able to attend a special treatment court. Mr. Bruzzo informed me it is difficult to terminate probation early especially with a failure to comply with the ordered terms and with new law violations.
We had no choice, so Mr. Bruzzo went forward and filed a Motion to Modify/Terminate Probation [Penal Code Section 1203.3] on the Battery case so my friend could attend the special treatment court back in her home town. Mr. Bruzzo is well known and respected in Orange County as it turns out because the Judge TERMINATED PROBATION over 2 years early and VACATED all fines and fees when she completed community service.
I am very happy with these results because it gives my friend the best chance at future success in life with a very structured court ordered treatment program close to friends and family. I would highly recommend Mr. Bruzzo for any case involving Warrants, Controlled/Designated Substance, Health and Safety Code Section 11375(b)(2), Possession of a Controlled Substance, Paraphernalia, Health and Safety Code Section 11364(a), Public Intoxications, Penal Code Section 647(f) and Motions to Modify/Terminate Probation, Penal Code Section 1203.3.


The case results described in this website are not intended nor do they constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your case. Every case is different and many factors come into play such as the particular facts of the case and background of the client. The information on this site should not be interpreted as offering formal legal advice or construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.

The case results described in this website have been initialed or signed by the actual client and are available for review by officials of the California State Bar.


Please contact Mr. Bruzzo on any criminal matter at (714) 547-4636.

×Coronavirus and the Orange County Criminal Courts. Do you have a loved one in custody? Click here.

Orange County Courts are accepting Restraining Order requests during the Coronavirus Crisis. Click here for more information.