Norwalk Hit and Run Lawyer

Norwalk Courthouse 12720 Norwalk Blvd., Norwalk, CA 90650

While Norwalk does not offer deferred entry of judgment on hit and run cases, Civil Compromise is still an option. In that situation the client repays the victim for any damages sustained (usually just damage to the vehicle) and then the court dismisses the case. Both the Judge and the victim have to be in agreement for this to happen. Otherwise, a lack of a record, full employment and a family to support may be grounds for dismissal even without a civil compromise.

Hit and Run occurs when someone has an accident and hits another car or any object and then fails to exchange identifying information or insurance information with the owner of the property a or fails to notify the authorities of the accident. This is normally charged under Vehicle Code Section 20002(a).

Norwalk Hit and Run Lawyer Will Bruzzo has managed to get many hit and run cases dismissed. Often times Mr. Bruzzo manages to get the case dismissed by arranging compensation for the victim with the permission of the Judge and the District Attorney. This is called a civil compromise under penal code sections 1377-1378.

Norwalk Hit and Run Lawyer Will Bruzzo can arrange a civil compromise with the investigating Police Officer prior to the matter going to court. It is always better to try and resolve the matter as early as possible so if the police officer is amenable to a civil compromise and the victim is also amenable that can stop the matter from proceeding to the District Attorney’s office and this will keep the client’s record clean. Contact the Law Offices of William W. Bruzzo for any hit and run case at (714) 547-4636.

< Back to locations served

×Coronavirus and the Orange County Criminal Courts. Do you have a loved one in custody? Click here.

Orange County Courts are accepting Restraining Order requests during the Coronavirus Crisis. Click here for more information.